PT Communications/Marketing Assistant --FILLED--
The Orange City Arts Council has an opening for a part-time Communications/Marketing Assistant at our non-profit organization. This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in our community and gain valuable experience by working with the Director on a range of marketing initiatives. This position is flexible, approximately 5 - 10 hours per week, including some event attendance. This position is remote with some in-person attendance required.
College students majoring in art, graphic design, marketing, advertising, or communications are encouraged to apply.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Creating posts and schedules for social media campaigns.
- Writing and disseminating press releases for events.
- Assist in building and presenting social media strategy while delivering an effective social cadence to increase brand awareness and community engagement.
- Compose articles and blogs to recap events to post on social media and the OCArts website.
- Interview and gather information on relevant impactful stories for media use.
- Take photographs and videos of various events for promotional purposes.
- Assist in the creation of promotional materials such as programs, posters, ads etc.
- Possess an outgoing, friendly personality; creativity, excellent communication skills, and strong initiative.
- Good time-management skills and adherence to deadlines.
- Experience with Canva or other graphic design software.
- Experience posting to social media platforms.
- Experience writing content and press releases.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter and references to Emie Andrulewich, Director, Orange City Arts Council, firstname.lastname@example.org.